Asian Caramelized Brussel Sprouts
1 lb Brussels Sprouts
3 T Water
½ c Dulcet Toasted Sesame & Ginger Asian Sauce
Black Sesame Seeds (optional)
1. Clean and trim stem from Brussel Sprouts.
2. Cut sprouts into halves.
3. Place the water in a large saute pan or wok over high heat.
4. When the water starts to boil, add the sprouts and cook for 3 minutes, or until all the water is evaporated.
5. Add the Dulcet Toasted Sesame & Ginger Asian Sauce and continue to cook over high heat for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken and caramelized.
6. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
From our test kitchen:
The bigger the saute pan the better, don’t crowd the sprouts so they will cook more quickly. Make sure all the water is evaporated from the pan before adding the sauce; this will prevent the sauce from becoming diluted from the water and the sprouts from being over cooked.
This recipe can be made with different vegetables such as carrots, green beans, asparagus, broccoli, spinach or bok choy. Water may need to be drained off other vegetables.