Asparagus with asian sauce
1 lb asparagus, trimmed
3 T water
3 T Dulcet Toasted Sesame & Ginger Asian Sauce
½ t sesame seeds (optional)
1. Cut the asparagus on the diagonal into 1 ½ inch pieces.
2. Place the water in a large sauté pan or wok over high heat.
3. When the water starts to boil, add the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes, or until all the water is evaporated.
4. Add the Dulcet Toasted Sesame & Ginger Asian Sauce and continue to cook over high heat for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken and caramelize.
5. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
From our test kitchen:
The bigger the sauté pan the better, don’t crowd the asparagus so it will cook more quickly.
Make sure all the water is evaporated from the pan before adding the sauce; this will prevent the sauce from becoming diluted from the water and the asparagus from being over cooked.