Asian Noodle Salad
2 bundles Somen Noodles
½ c Dulcet Toasted Sesame & Ginger Asian Sauce
1/4 t dried crushed red chilies
2 green onions, sliced on the diagonal
½ t black sesame seeds*
1. Combine Dulcet Toasted Sesame & Ginger Asian Sauce and dried chilies in a small pot on the stove over medium high heat.
2. Simmer sauce, whisking occasionally until reduced to 1/3 c, remove from stove and allow to cool.
3. In a separate pot bring water to a boil, add the Somen noodles and cook for two minutes.
4. Remove from stove, place noodles in a colander, run under cold water and strain well.
5. Place the noodles in a bowl and toss with reduction sauce.
6. Place on serving platter and top with green onion and sesame seeds.
7. Serve at room temperature.
*Black sesame seeds can be found in Asian grocery stores.
Hint: If made ahead, toss with additional Toasted Sesame & Ginger Asian Sauce to moisten the noodles.
From our test kitchen: To turn this into a delicious one dish meal, add vegetables and cooked chicken, pork, beef or seafood to noodles.